[Coco] Copying a data/binary file from disk to cassette

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Fri Jan 4 00:49:01 EST 2008

Makewav is for making executable cassette files. Not binary data files.

Phil <phil.salathe at gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, what number format is makewav expecting to see for the -d
> and -e switches?

In the inline help for the command I have this at the end:

For <val> use 0x prefix for hex, 0 prefix for octal and no prefix for
decimal.

> And how do you figure out where an executable .bin
> loads into memory?

I gave a very detialed explaination to this in the USENET post link I
gave earlier:

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.tandy/browse_thread/thread/c613
5fd687bf24ab/75f24235ecb94f64>

Although I think I'll add an option to 'decb dump' to pretty print DECB
executable binary files.

> I tried running a FOR-NEXT loop with PEEKs in the
> relevant areas before and after, but I just don't have the hardware
> knowledge to make it work, and I would think there has to be
> something in the header to tell CLOADM/LOADM where to put it.

See usenet post.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright