[Coco] [coco] Line feeds

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:08:21 EST 2008

 I have two questions..

1. I can't find my docs on Dynastar, including Dynaform. Dogonnit! Does
anyone have the docs on those?

2. Is there a way to stop WordPad from including linefeeds in a file when it
is saved?

 I have to run my little LFStrip program to fix this problem once I've
uploaded the file to OS9....

OS9[T2]:list lfstrip
PROCEDURE LFstrip
DIM linein,linout:STRING[85]
DIM filein,fileout:STRING[20]
DIM path,path2:BYTE
INPUT "File input= ",filein
INPUT "File output ",fileout
OPEN #path,filein:READ
CREATE #path2,fileout:WRITE
WHILE NOT(EOF(#path)) DO
READ #path,linein
IF LEFT$(linein,1)=CHR$(10) THEN
linein=RIGHT$(linein,LEN(linein)-1)
ENDIF
WRITE #path2,linein
ENDWHILE
CLOSE #path
WRITE #path2," "
CLOSE #path2
END

I don't remember why I did that last WRITE #path22," "

I'll look into that.

I did fix that "Today" file for January to finish tell the story of  Mary
Jacob and the bra....

1914 19-year-old New York debutanta Mary Jacob invented the modern
     soft bra by having her maid sew two handkerchiefs together.
     She sold her rights to the multi-million dollar creation for
     $1,500. Warner (the bra-makers, not the movie-makers) made over
     fifteen million dollars from the bra patent over the next thirty
     years.

 This is when I discovered I couldn't remember how to use Dynastar. So I
downloaded the January file to this PC and had to use WordPad to modifiy it.
Then, after uploading it back to my coco, I had to use lfstrip to fix that
little problem.
 This would have been simpler if I could find the docs on Dynastar.

George