[Coco] Coco Contiki

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Feb 27 07:10:29 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 02:27:40PM -0800, Mike Pepe wrote:
> True, but something to keep in mind: when this TCP/IP stuff was
> developed in the '60s, 64k was considered a huge amount of memory- and
> the CPUs back then were a lot less powerful than a 6809.

Heh, I had to look it up on wikipedia.   The first 4 IMPs were
Honeywell machines with 24KB, activated in late 1969.  Of course,
these weren't actually running TCP/IP, but an ancestor, the 1822
protocol.  The IP protocol stack didn't take over 'till 1983.

....but I still want a fuzzball. ;-)

> A full-blown
> modern TCP stack may be too much to ask, but a selected subset seems
> within technological limits.

I didn't say it wasn't.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org