[Coco] .CAS images and VCC

Joef6809 joef6809 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:26:00 EST 2008

I'm simulating the gap although it seems not to really  need it. An emulated
cassette tape doesn't have any inertia to overcome. Although I'm glad to
hear that its probably not me. I guess I'll just get it stable ,release it
and wait for someone to find something that doesn't work but should. Strange
thing is when I look at the files that don't work in a hex editor they seem
to have an extra block of junk right before the second 0x55 sync leader. It
just seems to consistant to be a mistake. Unless there was a bug in a
popular emulator that corupted these files in a similar way.

"Joe F" wrote:
> I'm working on getting VCC to support .CAS files and I'm running into a
> snag. I'm not sure how to ask this so I'm just going to ask.
> Does it seem there are a lot of non-working images floating around the
> net.
> I'm getting mixed results trying to load various files and I'm wondering
> if
> its me or just bad images.
> I think I've got it right as some images do work but alot more don't. Also
> anything VCC chokes on also makes MESS choke, so far as I've tested.

I think I read a while back that there are a lot of old CAS images that
don't contain the proper gap between blocks, so they don't work on the real
thing or on emulators that emulate the tape motor properly.

That might be your problem...

bye,
James McKay.