[Coco] Coco Contiki

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Feb 25 13:54:12 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 03:15:36AM -0700, Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 08:28:16AM -0800, Jim Cox wrote:
> > One idea I had a few years back involving Contiki and the CoCo was to
> > somehow connect an Ethernut board running Contiki with a CoCo.
>
> I don't see why it couldn't be done.  It uses, I believe, an ethernet
> controller chip designed to be wired up to the HC11, which is
> practically the same bus organization as the CoCo's 6X09.  If the
> amount of I/O space it wants is the only issue, well, the disk
> controller can be patched to not grab 0xFF5X.
>
> But I'm _really_ not set up for hardware development.

I've never understood why ethernet is seen as a barrier to entry for
developing a coco tcp/ip stack.  90% of the code can be developed
just using serial hardware and SLIP framing.  If/when you get that
working, then adding ethernet framing, ARP, and an ethernet driver
will seem trivial by comparison.

Just my $0.02...

John
--