[Coco] NitrOS-9

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 6 13:33:00 EST 2008

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
><snip>
>>
>> Limited usability of the EDIT command as text editor
>

> Granted.  I would love to include Ved, but Bob van der Poel wants to
> keep selling it.  A visual editor would be  a welcome addition to the
> standard distribution.
>
 ><snip>

I've used Scred for a very long time as an editor with OS-9/NitrOS-9. It
is designed for source files rather than word processing and can edit
files larger than its maximum buffer or 32K. It uses a version of
termset making adaptable to different environments.

There is no copyright or ID information within the program and if it is
privately owned, I don't know who the owner is. It is by far a better
program than Edit.