[Coco] Legal status of Multivue and Basic09

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Wed Feb 6 00:39:05 EST 2008

I thought it was GPL because that's how it's listed in Sourceforge.
The reason for my questions is that I've been working in a NitrOS-9 project.
I noticed that 4 of the most usual problems / complaints are:
Problems making a custom boot disk (For me, the included scripts work
like a charm, but...)
Problems getting M.V. to run
Limited usability of the EDIT command as text editor
And lack of Basic09  in the NitrOS-9 disks

So I decided to get involved and try to create a new "distribution".
The goal was/is to provide 2-3 disks with Basic09 included, MV ready to
run, a full screen text editor, and an easier(?) way to make a custom disk.
I solved the Basic/MV/Editor already, and I'm writing a program that
could give a "user-friendly" interface to the script editing needed to
customize a boot disk.
But before starting to make it available on the net, I thought it would
be smart to see what the situation was regarding distribution of those
programs.

Regarding the NitrOS-9 site, I was thinking about "fast talking" a
friend who just installed a server to donate the hosting.
I could do some work on it, and a .info domain goes for under $5 a year.

Maybe I should have asked Boisy directly, but I figured that he and
anyone else involved would be reading the list.

Diego