[Coco] quick basic09 copy program

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 2 21:47:03 EST 2008

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 03:37:20 -0600, Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 08:09:30AM -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>
>> >I had another question, but then I realized I'd have to read up on
>> >BASIC-09 to know if the question even makes sense under the language.
>> >
>> Fire away anyways... curious to see what it is.
>
> OK... I'm thinking I'd only want to write this once, so I'm looking at
> the general case, a subroutine module "filecopy" or something like
> that.  I'm not really familiar with the way BASIC-09 passes arrays
> around, so, would it be better as filecopy(oldfile,newfile) with a
> built-in buffer, or as filecopy(oldfile,newfile,buffer) which takes a
> buffer from the calling module?
You can specify the buffer size of a RUNB module at runtime (with #32K,
for example)... is that what you mean? A larger buffer (with larger
read/writes) will run a bit faster than a smaller buffer, but you can hard
code it for whatever size you want (within memory restraints, and taking
into consideration how much RUNB or BASIC09 itself takes... you can get an
extra 8K for a buffer with RUNB than BASIC09).
--
L. Curtis Boyle