[Coco] quick basic09 copy program

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Feb 3 04:38:41 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 08:47:03PM -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:

>A larger buffer (with larger read/writes) will run a bit faster than
>a smaller buffer, but you can hard code it for whatever size you want

Is that proper BASIC-09 style?  This would be like:
PROCEDURE filecopy
PARAM oldfile, newfile...
DIM buffer[2000] ....

(or something like that, I can't do actual correct BASIC-09 off the
top of my head)

Or would it be more useful as a general-purpose subroutine, to be
like:
PROCEDURE filecopy
PARAM oldfile, newfile, buffer

The first one you'd just  RUN filecopy("/dd/foo", "./bar")
The second would be :
DIM buff[2000]
RUN filecopy("/dd/foo","./bar",buff)

The second way, when you add a MultiVue interface to your program, you
can shrink the buffer the subroutine uses, even if you don't have the
source for it.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA