[Coco] quick basic09 copy program

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Feb 2 04:37:20 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 08:09:30AM -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:

> >I had another question, but then I realized I'd have to read up on
> >BASIC-09 to know if the question even makes sense under the language.
> >
> Fire away anyways... curious to see what it is.

OK... I'm thinking I'd only want to write this once, so I'm looking at
the general case, a subroutine module "filecopy" or something like
that.  I'm not really familiar with the way BASIC-09 passes arrays
around, so, would it be better as filecopy(oldfile,newfile) with a
built-in buffer, or as filecopy(oldfile,newfile,buffer) which takes a
buffer from the calling module?

> We used to run 8 terminals at 4800 baud, and 3 600 line per minute line
> printers, and 1 20 page per minute laster, off of 1 Coco 3 with a multipak
> (And some custom boards), 1 MB of RAM, Nitros9 (from version 1 to version
> 2.01 before it retired), and an Eliminator system with 2 hard drives
> totalling 120MB, and a 720K floppy.

Impressive!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org