[Coco] torn on getting a coco...

Bill Barnes da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 17:47:05 EST 2008

--- On Sun, 12/14/08, Michael Robinson <deemcr at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> From: Michael Robinson <deemcr at robinson-west.com>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] torn on getting a coco...
> Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 2:39 PM

> The total would be $90.  I'm not sure what point you're trying to make
> by asking such a basic question.
>
> WRONG!  It is $120 after shipping and testing are tacked on.

Ok, He missed the install and testing fee, the shipping can and does vary, and is a part of anything purchased on the net, unless you see the words "Free Shipping," "Shipping Included," or "Shipped." We all must pay shipping, outside of the purchase price.  Give him a break already. We all can make mistakes.

> So cloud-9 is about making money off of morons who see the COCO as a
> hobby, or am I misunderstanding what you are saying.

Ummm, you'll make no friends calling people morons. There is also the distinct posibility that a few here may have higher IQs than you. (Statistics say that.) You are free to search eBay, CraigsList, Newspaper classifieds and Thrift Shops to find this stuff on your own too.

> The PC doesn't fill every niche, look at the plethora of gaming systems.
> The problem with gaming systems, for the most part, is that you can't
> program them.

The PS3 can run Linux, and can be programmed that way, for free.  Yes, to write games for the Native PS3 OS, you need to invest, but it can be done.

M$ offers a [free] program tied into C# that allows you to program for the XBoxes for yourself.

Now ATTITUDES don't help anybody... There's a saying that goes "You can tell me anything you want to if you tell me in the right way." Let's try to live it.