[Coco] Question about Domain Names & Registration

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 29 19:23:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:44:24 -0500, Brian Goers
<briang0671 at sbcglobal.net> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk
out:

>I would like some information about starting a web page.

I use 1and1.  www.1and1.com/?k_id=7917755 The number portion is my
affiliate number, I get credit if you sign up using it. :-)

They have a site builder as part of the web site package.  They give
you most of what you need to get started.

>I have a few questions. Like, what language to write it in if you are
>not real good at programing, how to keep it secure.

I use their Linux Home service.  I figure since that Linux doesn't do
windows viruses, I really don't have to worry to much about them.

Don't use simple passwords. :-)

>I will be writing it under Windows XP for now, soon under Linux.
>Where to check for domain names, how much is reasonable to pay. Is there
>only one registry?

1and1 has a place you can check the domain name you want.

>Anything you want to tell me that I don't know about.

I've been using 1and1 since 11/2004, and haven't had any problems.

--
Stephen

... Define Life: Mail.