[Coco] Question about Domain Names & Registration

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 20:15:37 EDT 2008

On 8/29/08, Brian Goers <briang0671 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  I have a few questions. Like, what language to write it in if you are not
> real good at programing, how to keep it secure.

It depends what you'd like to do with it. If it's just a static set of
pages, you write them up in HTML, using some sort of editor. With the
state of a lot of web page design software packages, you probably wont
ever have to touch any HTML directly.

If you're looking for something dynamic, that serves up some sort of
database content, that's an entirely different kettle of fish. But for
certain tasks there are software packages out there, in any number of
languages, that might do the trick.

Keeping the site secure is a big question. Stephen's advice is
definitely great, though. A good password is the first defence against
simple attacks on your site. I'm sure there are lots of sites out
there that tell you how to come up with a good one. Mixtures of upper
and lowercase, punctuation if you can, spaces, numbers. A phrase, easy
to remember, but hard to guess, can work very well. Unfortunately, not
all password systems accept all the necessary characters, and some
don't take enough keypresses for it to be worth it.

--
James Dessart
<http://skwirl.com/cody/>