[Coco] Setting up a BBS

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 01:51:19 EDT 2008

Here's a bit of a progress report on where I'm at with the BBS
project. While setting up my CoCo, I discovered both drives from my
FD-502 system appear to be bad, as does drive 1 from my FD-501 system.
At least I still have a working drive, or I might have been stuck with
ALLRAM ;)

I discovered Ultimaterm 4.0 among my CoCo floppies, so I was able to
test out my CoCo<->PC null modem cable. It works fine, so I fired up
the tcp<=>comport software and typed atdt192.168.1.254 and got the
login prompt to my Linux server, as expected.

Now I just need to transfer CoBBS over to the CoCo, but have no 5 1/4"
drives in any of my PCs. Transmitting each file via Xmodem between
Hyperterminal and Ultimaterm is a bit tedious for 2AM, so I will
resume that sometime tomorrow.  Some of the filenames appear to start
with a leading space. Will Ultimaterm let me save the files that way?

--
Rod Barnhart