[Coco] Setting up a BBS

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 17:07:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Ron Bihler <rbihler at msn.com> wrote:
> Let me know how you do with the comport<>TCP gateway.  This would be very
> interesting.

A package that some of the C64 folks are using is at
http://home.ica.net/~leifb/bbs/. It runs on a Windows box, listens for
an incoming telnet connection on whatever port you define, and sends
it out a serial port. I *think* I have this working on an old Win98
box with some DOS-based BBS software (I wired the motherboard serial
headers together like a null-modem cable, only the cable never leaves
the box. Telnet comes in port 23, goes out Com1, and the BBS answers
on Com2. It seems to be working, so my next step is to test the CoCo
<-> PC null modem cable that I wired last night. If that works, then I
just need to get the BBS software running on the CoCo...

Rod