[Coco] Ramdisk under Nitros9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Aug 20 07:39:45 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 19 August 2008, Tony Cappellini wrote:
>I know a lot of work has gone into Nitros9 ive the years, most of the
>details I missed.
>I do have several documents for it from the Nitros site, and I vaguely
>recall the terminology and what I need to do to customize my boot
>
>Has the old OS9L2 boot order bug been squashed?

Years ago.  The first of those fixes was Eddie K's ed9 clock modules.  The
gime was not being properly re-initted after an interrupt had been serviced.

>I've loaded mdir to look and see what device descriptors were loaded
>on bootup, I didn't see a ramdisk descriptor.
>Since the emulators can handle > 512k of ram, maybe a ramdisk is still
> useful.
>
>(I don't have my old Disto ramdisk a cartridge any more) :(
>
>Does a ramsidk descriptor exist for Nitros9?

yes, both rammer and myram, the latter written by me, are in the distribution.
I recently tested mine and it still works flawlessly.  Mine is in the 3rd
party tree I believe.

>What about the hard drive descriptor? There's an HD image in the Vcc
>emulator downloads, but I can't access it under RSDOs or Nitros9

I think the descriptor needs to be configured, unforch the docs aren't as
transparent as they could be.  I believe it can be fixed once the descriptor
is loaded under Nitros9, by the dmode command, but each HD needs its own
values.