[Coco] Done

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Sat Aug 16 03:13:16 EDT 2008

Michael Harwood wrote:
> When I made my agreement with Lonnie it was expressly stated that it was
> non-transferable.  This is to say that anyone who wished to have the same
> sort of deal if I decided to quit would have to negotiate it separately.
> The only reason I have not relinquished my agreement with Lonnie¹s heirs was
> due to a fear that they would not re-negotiate a deal and that we would have
> at least a month to legally sell the DVD¹s in the case of a ³cease and
> desist² type action.  After the recent firestorm I have decided that I will
> no longer participate in this process at all.  I plan to send my
> cancellation to the estate with a registered letter and wash my hands of
> this entire process.  This will be the last missive you will have to bear
> from me on this list ­ I will be removing myself this evening and will no
> longer answer any queries in regards to this project.
>
> Regards,
> Michael Harwood

Oh no you don't!

The following is conjecture on my part. And thus may be false. But ...

YOU allowed this contract to be negotiated with only YOU as the point
man. I can not conceive of it not being possible to have two or even
three people in the drivers seat. What with life having a pesky habit of
getting in the way it would have been a prudent thing to do. So I
suspect (could be wrong here) YOU wanted the glory. And it was also YOU
who got everyone fired up by actually getting this thing started. Now
YOU (wounds and all) need to get it finished. Didn't I read a while back
that the light at the end of the tunnel is visible?

And I happen to agree with you. The last thing that should happen is
that Rainbow or any other vintage magazine should have its digitized
contents posted online. That just flaunts the ... questionable activity.
The COORDINATED scanning of color computer magazine and Hot CoCo should
continue (or start). But then just be distributed via DVDs. Quietly.

Someone made a good point about NitrOS9. ...

Boisy? Wow!?! Now I have the utmost respect and admiration for Mark and
Cloud 9. But Superboard ain't gonna break any time to market records.
(Yes I believe it WILL show up and it will be a high quality product!!!)
How bout a mild retraction here?

kevin

Pleas don't respond with anger, Mark. No one is doing what you are to
keep this neat little machine alive!