[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: RAINBOW scans

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:51:29 EDT 2008

Message: 10
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:02:31 -0000
From: "James Diffendaffer" <jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] [Color Computer] Re: RAINBOW scans
To: ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com

How is archiving old documents (aka Rainbow, Hot Coco, etc) any
different from the Computer History Museum archiving old computers,
documents, and software for preservation?

http://www.computerhistory.org/

I haven't heard of anyone getting on their soapbox and threatening to
close down the museum because of copyright infringement.
I have been a member and attendee for more than 6 years, and they keep
getting grants, volunteers, and donations, and have public
presentations by prominent
speakers whom helped define the world of computing as we know it today.

I know for a fact they have old cocos & coco software in their
collection. I have seen it. They might even have some old Rainbows.
Fancy that.
I wonder when the last time Tandy's lawyers (and Dec, HP, Cray, IBM,
et al..) issued cease & desist orders.