[Coco] maps

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 3 21:29:43 EDT 2008

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet."  Al Gore to Wolf Blitzer, March
9, 1999.  Semantically, George is correct.  Technically, Roger is
wrong (but I won't go any farther than that <G>).  The Snopes article
has the link to the interview transcript.

I think, though, that the implication Mr. Gore was making was clear,
and because it was so clear, I will continue mocking him for his
arrogance.  I vote for Ward's view of this.

Now if he had said he had taken the initiative in getting rid of
MSDOS, I might have voted for him (just kidding!!).  Viva La CoCo!

On Aug 3, 2008, at Sunday, August 3, 2008 - 9:12 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> At 10:02 AM 8/3/2008, you [George Ramsower in reply to Ward
> Griffiths] wrote:
>> Hah!
>>
>> Where I work, they are SO politically correct it's sickening. So I
>> do trash them with my totally politically incorrect stuff.
>>  It's amazing and amuzing, the reactions I get from my superiors,
>> when I do that.
>>
>> "Oh! We can't say those things here. Someone might take offence
>> and their lawyers are bigger than our lawyers"
>>
>> I betcha that if I were to talk about a COCO at work, they might
>> find something in that to be scared of.
>>
>> BTW. Al Gore never said he invented or helped invent the internet.
>> I'm sure you said this in jest. Fair is fair...
>
> Gore actually DID claim to be the father of the internet in a
> televised debate that I saw during (I think) the 2004 campaign.  If
> this is true, he's responsible for the astronomically climbing
> divorce and infidelity rate and our young kids being exposed to
> unstopple-and-increasing porn spam.  Even if I had invented the
> internet, I would never admit to it if I were running for
> president.  Geez.
>
>> http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

-----Items below rated "PCX"; news anchor approval advised before
reading...----
It is one of those interesting facts of nature that, the more
democratic a society becomes, the fewer rights each individual
possesses.
  From the sayings of Grampa Jim, Copyright 2006.
Unauthorized use of my stuff may cause senility.