[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 62, Issue 8

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Aug 13 00:57:54 EDT 2008

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:55:09 -0400
> From: Chuck Youse <cyouse at serialtechnologies.com>
> Subject: [Coco] RAINBOW scans
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>
> I've begun scanning my collection of Rainbow magazines.
>
> http://www.retroengineering.com/rainbow/
>
> It goes without saying that this is copyrighted material, online for my
> own personal use (as I own the magazines that we scanned).  Should you
> want to refer to the electronic copies online, be sure you have a
> license to do so (e.g., you bought the magazine at some point).
>
> C.

Chuck,

You may or may not be aware of the Rainbow scanning project that was
started, and is now in "limbo", since Lonnie's passing. It is up in the
air as to what will happen, but given that a contract was set up to
actually sell the magazine scans on CD/DVD - I am not sure that
offerring what you have online is something we as a community want to
encourage.

I would hate to see the large amount of effort already expended to
unbound and scan all of the Rainbows done already to be jeopardized in
any way, should Lonnie's estate catch wind of your scans.

Everyone: What are your views on this?

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona