[Coco] 2764 EPROM

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Sep 10 12:58:49 EDT 2007

At 09:25 AM 9/10/2007, you wrote:
>www.batchPCB.com seems to be somewhat affordable. (They're the guys from
>www.sparkfun.com, in case you're wondering )
>
>Here's the pricing from their FAQ page:
>
>The $10 setup fee is rolled into the shipping cost. The $10 setup fee
>applies to each *order* - not each *design*.
>[...]cost $2.50 per square inch and ~$15-$20 in shipping.
>
>That would make the boards about 30$ each, plus a 10$ setup fee plus
>shipping.  Still expensive...
>
>Maybe I should pay more attention to the rompak auctions on Ebay....

Hmm.  How would that be cheaper than $51 for 3 boards?  Ofcourse,
someone pointed out that the ExpressPCB boards are a tad too
wide.  And to go cutting on something that expense seems a little crazy.

For such a simple board and almost no components other than the EPROM
and a socket, those prices seem unjustified.

Heck I think we all have the skills to even cut and etch a simple
EPROM board ourselves.  That's why I was originally asking about the
copper boards.

--
Roger Taylor