[Coco] 2764 EPROM

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 8 22:56:34 EDT 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007, Darren A. wrote:
>>From: Gene Heskett
>>Subject: Re: [Coco] 2764 EPROM
>>Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 21:06:35 -0400
>>

>>A couple of problems on my end Darren, gerbv (from the linux gEDA kit)
>>needs
>>the ini.scr that should go with these.
>>
>>Also my now expired freekey eagle doesn't even recognize the .gbr
>>extension.
>>
>>If I can get the RS-274X format into RS-274D (g-code) I might be able to do
>>something once I get the mill reassembled with the new z axis drive and
>>calibrated, but at the moment, I can't even see them.  What windows program
>>were these generated with?
>>
>>--
>>Cheers, Gene
>
>-
>
>Sorry Gene. I have no idea what the ini.scr file might be or what it is
>supposed to contain. The files were generated on a Mac, but I can view them
>on WinXP using the free GerbMagic viewer (www.bronzware.com) and Unisoft's
>ProntoVIEW-Markup software.

I hit that site, but for the 'free' viewer, it appeared to me the shareware or
license fee was $495.  That didn't equate with free to me so I backed out.  I
have to work in the wee hours again tonight, so I'm going to call this a wrap
till sometime tomorrow.

>The gbr files are just traditional photoplot files with the aperture list (D
>codes) in a 274X header. I can also export a GenCad 1.4 file if that is of
>any use.

I seems to me that the viewer should be able to handle that on an individual
file basis.  geda has a rather extensive list of formats it can output and
input but it didn't recognize the .gbr at all.  Grebv showed a small blank
screen is all, and gerbv is the viewer for the geda suite.  I've used it a
time or two before and it worked fine with the .dxf examples it comes with.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)