[Coco] 2764 EPROM

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Sep 8 12:05:13 EDT 2007

At 03:16 AM 9/8/2007, you wrote:
> >I think some of the paks use some kind of open chip design with a
> >solid bubble of plastic over the real estate ?
>
>Its not plastic, but quartz Roger.  That's the window that lets in the UV
>light to erase the chip and make it ready for re-programming.

Ha.  :)  You misunderstood me a little...

Some of the CoCo ROM Paks do not have a DIP chip... but instead, I'm
speaking of a bubble-shaped solid covering for the chip real estate
area.  It looks like an empty PCB with a black semi-sphere sitting on
it.  If I'm mistaken and no CoCo ROM Pak is like this, then it was
some other game pak that I owned that did.  I cracked open a lot of
games to find this type of "chip".

--
Roger Taylor