[Coco] CoCo emulation on a Compaq Internet Appliance?

Joef6809 joef6809 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 02:44:10 EDT 2007

Yea I finally got the thing booting dos. Also got a k6-III @ 333Mhz running
so far. I only got it yesterday so I'm still messing around with it.
In its un-modded form thats all it will do is Dial a preprogrammed number.
Don't even bother trying to get it to do anything else.
Seems there are two vesions. 1 is considered modable because you can get to
the bios and the other is non-moddable because Compaq locked down the bios.
Anyway while its trying to boot, at the Compaq screen keep hitting the
"compaq" key. Its really F10. If it drops to the bios settings it's the
moddable version. Or you make have to "hard reset" the bios to get there.
I'll send you the link if you really need to go that route as you have to
pull the thing apart. Anyway let me know if you can get to the bios.