[Coco] Problems with Keil Coco3 emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 4 07:26:04 EDT 2007

Mark McDougall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has the same problems as me?

That's hard to tell, since you have not specified the particular Keil
emulator you are using. It must be a Coco3 (RAM question) but which
version. I can't reproduce your problems with 2.11

> 1. The RAM configuration (size) setting isn't saved on <F5>. All other
> settings appear to be saved, but it always says "128KB" when re-starting
> the
> emulator.

How do you leave the F5 screen, with ESC or F5? You must use F5 for
changes to be saved.

> 2. I can't seem to load PAK files using <F7>. They're in a subdirectory but
> all I get is the error "can only load cartridge PAK fles" when
> attempting to
> specify a .PAK file.

You don't load PAKs from the F7 screen; which is for Snapshots. You
should be using F4 to load the PAKs into the MPI.

> 3. When attempting to insert cartridges into the MPI using <F4>, the file
> browser won't show any files in sub-directories, regardless of the filespec
> mask.

Works for me. Presumably you have some PAKs with the ROM extension. Do
you also have any corresponding CAR files to match the ROMs?