[Coco] books

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:30:28 EST 2007

I believe that C implementation under RSDOS was from Dugger's Systems and it
was called "Small C"... saw a few ads in the early 80's Rainbow magazines,
need to review those to post more specifics on this, perhaps find a review
of that software package.

Color Pilot is a 'Pilot' implementation under RSDOS, haven't seen one for
OS9 (at least on the CoCo)

DL Logo is an excellent Logo environment for OS9, flies circles around the
Tandy version done for RSDOS.

Forth I believe was available from Microware once (80's) but the company
never treated it as a 'released' package as far as I know, ended up as an
obscure offering to those who knew about it. There were a few
implementations of Forth done for RSDOS, at least one I have was freely
available on Compuserve.

FLEX had other compilers available, I know this OS at least had the Small C
from Dugger's mentioned above.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-

There was supposedly a C compiler for BASIC, but I've never seen it.