[Coco] D.L. Logo question

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 04:59:40 EST 2007

Don't recall how the original DL Logo disk comes built but if it is with
OS9L1v1 then as known the thing won't boot on a CoCo 3.

Sometime ago (few years) I made an OS9L1v2 boot + DL Logo system disk that
worked beautifully with the CoCo 1, 2 and 3. I need to pull the original DL
disk and run it as-is on my CoCo 1, seem to vaguely recall there was indeed
a memory issue, trimming down the OS9 Boot file resolved the problem, as far
as I can recollect... too many moons have gone by :-)

Yesterday, late... I booted up my OS9L2 'stock' system (Shell 2.1+) on my
CoCo 3, switched to the VGA terminal window (W3 as setup in my system) and
with DL Logo on drive 2 I loaded the environment, ran the DEMO and it worked
with no problems, runs faster in the CoCo 3. Have to love that 100!
demonstration, my calculator goes only as high as 69! - I used ti benchmark
handheld calculators side by side doing that factorial calculation, back in
the TI-30/35s days.

DL Logo is, IMHO, one of those underrated packages that never got the
attention they deserved. Dale Lear is to be commended for that effort. The
one thing I wish for is for DL Logo in terms of enhancements, is for it to
be able to work the CoCo 3's hi-res text & graphics screens.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-