[Coco] D.L. Logo question

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Thu Nov 22 21:03:29 EST 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:35:05 -0500, Robert Gault
<robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> had a flock of green cheek conures
squawk out:

>Let me start by saying I don't know the Logo language and never used it
>until the following occurred.
>
>I was given a disk image of what I believe is the original D.L. Logo
>disk for OS-9 Level-I. The disk contains a Demo program and several data
>files that are part of Demo. I been testing the disk image in MESS and
>the odd thing is the program won't run as written; Out of Memory Error.

D.L Logo was supplied on bootable OS9 version 1.00.00 disk.  Not
bootable on a Coco 3.

Requires:
64k Coco
One disk drive
A color television
The D.L Logo diskette

To use all the functions, add:
Another disk drive
A multi-pak interface
Speech/Sound cart
X-Pad
Two joysticks
Printer.  Suggested: DMP410 or the CGP-220

>If this program was supplied with D.L. Logo, it is strange that it won't
>run as written. The best I've been able to do is start Logo as follows:
>logo #24K

Runs off Drive 0.
Manual shows to run Logo
Boot into OS9, at the prompt: LOGO <return>
To run the demo, in Logo: LOAD "DEMO <return>
Once the blue cursor returns: DEMO <return>
If the Speech/Sound cart is installed, it'll talk.
To stop the program hit <break>

As I recall, the demo worked fine on my Coco 2.

>After boosting data memory (default is about 10K) the program will at
>least run a single pass to completion. However, the program is written
>to repeat in an endless loop. With 24K, the program runs out of memory
>on the second pass. I've not been able to give logo more memory nor get
>the program to run through more than one pass.

Looking through the manual, it doesn't mention anything about
increasing it's memory usage.

Stephen