[Coco] Shipping and packaging, was Re: [Color Computer] eBay seller gustavus1

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Nov 12 17:37:44 EST 2007

At 10:11 PM 11/11/2007, you wrote:

>As to UPS package treatment, I can;t vouch for their procedures, but
>i can vouch for all the damaged
>stuff I've received, and has been received that I have sent. for me,
>I avoid UPS like the plague.

In 39 years, I have never received a damaged package through UPS or
any other shipping service, and I've received a lot of
packages.  Guess I've been lucky, huh.

>At the office, the joke is that UPS stands for "Unreliable Parcel
>Service," "Ur Package Sucks,"
>"Ur Package Squashed," etc...  :)   But please, don't take that
>personally. I would also wager that
>different parts of the country get different levels of service,
>depending on the demographics of the area,
>and the corresponding employees available for hire.

I think 9 out of 10 trips through any McDonalds on all my road trips,
my order is usually screwed up somehow.  Either no napkins, no straw,
they gave my kid the wrong kind of hamburger, or a diet Dr. Pepper
instead of the real thing, etc.  I am convinced that this happens
because of math probability coupled with the ever-shrinking
intelligence of the employees.

Now, take the largest package shipper on the entire globe (UPS).  The
company is still growing faster than you would believe if you saw the
figures, FedEx and USPS can't catch us (literally), we have the
strictess policies around with punishment dished out for even the
most smallest screwups, continuous background checks, mostly college
education level and above employees who were basically bought out by
the company (but some of them can fool you in those package trucks,
can't they).  You're dealing with some of the smartest people that
have been trapped by the company into not being able to escape :) due
to the best benefits around with top pay, but yes, there's the math
facts that because the company is big, that there will be total
screwups that enter and exit in an orderly fashion, and thus the
turnover rate is high in some areas (but, none of the existing
seniority employees are going anywhere), and the occasional dummy
will make a mistake that turns into a service failure, that John Doe
will run and tell the entire world about and claim to NEVER EVER USE
the service again, as will some of the people reading his complaint.

That's life, and we all still go to McDonalds like the dang place is
hypnotizing us wth the golden arches, knowing very well what lies
ahead at the counter...

What does McDonalds and UPS have in common?  Nothing I guess, BUT we
do get discounts if we show them a UPS paystub or we're wearing a uniform.  :)

I guess that's where this topic has gone, to a double cheeseburger
with large fries, and a big Coke to w'arsh it all down.  So I'm off
to McDonalds.

As for the Ebay feud which I was not a part of, but threw my 2 cents
into because I just couldn't help it, I'll now add this to my
Avoid-At-All-Cost topics next to Abortion, Politics, Where Has
America Gone (Thanks, Clinton!), and HexStar.  :)

End of topic.  ;)

And I'll leave something else --------

We've all heard the funny acronyms...

FedEx + UPS = FedUp

DODGE vehicle:  Drips Oil, Drops Grease, Everywhere

FORD vehicle:

Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Road Dead
Backwards... Driver Returns On Foot