[Coco] Glenside IDE Hard Drive Interface --- HOW-TO

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 4 16:41:00 EST 2007

Randy Just wrote:
><snip>
> I am working with the assumption I load BASIC09 (i.e. /d0/BASIC09) up
> first and then do a
> load /d1/IDE2.1/makedesc.b09
>
> Doing the above results in errors.
><snip>
> Using idedetect.b09, the drive is detected, so I am assuming I am good
> there.
>
 ><snip>

Whenever you are trying to get help with a problem, you must supply as
much information as possible on the problem. So, what errors are you
getting? The specific errors, number or text content, is crucial
information.

Your problem could be bad hardware, drive or interface. It could be
software corruption, bad disk. It could be missing driver and
descriptor, mismatched OS-9 boot file. The errors produced in attempting
to load makedesc.b09 can help narrow down the choices. That
idedetect.b09 works, does suggest as you mentioned that the hardware is
good.

Without more information, it seems strange that a required file to
access the hard drive would be placed on the hard drive. That would be a
"catch-22" situation. You ought to have access to makedesc.b09 from the
same location as idedetect.b09.