[Coco] Rainbow Magazine on DVD - Time for a "Hail Mary pass"?

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sun Nov 11 21:59:44 EST 2007

Hi,

I, as most of the persons on this list reading the latest messages about the
Rainbow Magazine on DVD project being marked officially stopped became sad.

The project had appeared to me to be stopped for quite some time already.

I as many more persons have for sure considered helping. I concluded that I
cannot.

I really hope that things are going on behind the scenes and will be
announced soon.

I understood that there is no reason for the project not to be conpleted.

In going over what has been discussed on this list for a very long time, I
have come to the conclusion that perhaps we may not have persons active with
the CoCo to finish this task.

I really hope that I am wrong!

A very long time ago the CoCo community set up a "Bounty Fund" which was
collected by Jeff Vavasour for creating the First CoCo3 Emulator .

This was paid *in addition to* charges that we all paid for the CoCo3
emulator copies for each of ourselves. I did not have a chance to contribute
as the OSK folks on Delphi's OS-9 forum never said anything about it when I
was a member. (A very rare CoCo OS-9 person on a OS-9 list).

It was ~ $10,000 if I remember correctly.

Our numbers are very much lower now and I am sure we cannot raise that much
now.

If we wait much longer, what we can raise will decrease faster and faster.

I have many currently unused items, some new, like two IDE controllers, I am
willing to sell to help raise funds in addition to some cash I would add
myself.

This "Bounty Fund", should we set it up, would be *in addition* to any
charges for the finished product.

It would be paid to a person, quite likely NOT a CoCo person, who has the
skills to complete the project, can prove that they will complete the
project within the required restrictions stated. And actually complete the
project. Perhaps a down payment could be made.

Furthermore, we need to check to see if there is a requirement for a single
DVD.

If a set of DVD's could be produced with less work, I consider a number of
DVD's just as good as a single one. I understand that trying to shrink down
to just one is a big part of the work.

Even a less than perfect product would be much better than NOTHING AT ALL.

As I said before, I hope that none of this "Rainbow Magazine on DVD "Hail
Mary pass" is necessary.

Stephen H. Fischer