[Coco] Lansford Mansion (and other graphic adventures)

Phil phil.salathe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:15:38 EDT 2007

Hi, all --

My girlfriend and I have taken to playing some of the graphic
adventure games released on L. Curtis Boyle's excellent site.  We've
been having a great time and, generally speaking, doing rather well
at it.  It's been a real treat to go back and play the games I could
only read about in Rainbow as a child, like the excellent Caladuril:
Flame of Light.

Lansford Mansion, however, has got us completely stuck.  There are
several puzzles we can't seem to get past, there's nothing about the
game on the Internet, and attempts at manually inspecting the binary
have proven fruitless.  I tried to contact one of the game's authors,
but had no luck.  Does anyone have a walkthrough for the game, or
remember it well enough to help?  Was there ever anything in Rainbow?

Also, while I'm at it:

The authors of the Mark Data games (Bob Withers and Stephen O'Dea)
were kind enough to make his stuff available on Bob's old website,
ruffboy.com.  Unfortunately, it seems the site has been down for a
while.  I've found sources for most of the games, but haven't been
able to track down Black Sanctum or Sea Search.  I tried retrieving
the .bin files from Archive.org, but when I try to run them, they
fail with an ?IE error.  Does anyone have any suggestions for where I
might get working DSK or BIN images of the games in question?  (I do
have a text-only copy of Black Sanctum but these games are a lot more
fun with the graphics.)

For the record, though it's in storage at my parents' house, I still
own the real hardware!  I miss the silent beauty of my Cocos (2 and
3), but am glad that people are still keeping a very special
computing platform alive.

Thanks,
Phil

(first post to the list, so please be kind...!)