[Coco] Rainbow IDE is building to OS-9 virtual disks

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue May 29 00:21:56 EDT 2007

At 05:02 PM 5/28/2007, you wrote:

>One of the tasks on the table is getting RMA support put into mamou.
>It's a bit slow in coming, but once complete, rma will be completely
>phased out of ToolShed.

I would think that since rma works already and appears to be a clone
of the original OS-9 rma, that it should live on as it is, or at
least somebody else could continue to improve on it if it needs it,
etc. without totally killing it off.

CCASM will probably grow to support other assembler syntaxes by using
-switches, but there are no plans to duplicate what rma already does.

My main wish right now is to add compiler/linker support to the
Rainbow IDE before releasing version 2.0 beta.  Actually, compilers
are already possible since they behave just like an assembler as far
as taking a source file and producing an output object, but no
assembler follow-up on the object is directly possible.  Tricks could
be used I suppose like adding a second file to your project after a
file like main.c , and call it auto.asm that has a line in it:
INCLUDE main.asm.  Or maybe even a file called main.asm that has
meaningless text in it, since the assembler used for that file would
read the copy of main.asm from the project folder after the C
compiler creates its own main.asm and hopefully overwrites the one
auto-saved by the IDE.

These kinds of tricks should be possible now with Rainbow 1.x while I
work on compiler/linker support in version 2.0.

--
Roger Taylor