[Coco] Rainbow IDE is building to OS-9 virtual disks

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon May 28 22:50:06 EDT 2007

To Robert Gault: if you do have rlink working for Windows, please
e-mail me a copy at your leisure?

Boisy,
Rainbow intentionally adds double quotes around all pathnames sent
off to command-line tools.  This takes care of the white-space in
pathnames problem that has plagued Portal-9 and earlier versions of
the Rainbow IDE.  I had to upgrade CCASM to handle these quotes as
well since the options parser in my authoring language HLA can't
handle that for some reason (yet).

os9.exe is handling the first two pathnames well when quoted, such
as: os9 "source file.txt" "destination disk.dsk",newfile.txt

Maybe the error I'm getting is because I tried to add quotes around
"newfile.txt" as well?  Either way, it's not working.  I get (I
think) error #22.

The reason I don't necessarily need option -r is because I purposely
set my project up (very easily) to use a template virtual disk which
is just a copy of a OS-9 boot disk, which gets copied again to a
temporary virtual disk that can be trashed, crashed, abused, or
whatever, and it won't matter.  Since the disk has nothing but the
stock OS-9 files on it, my project files get sent to it with no
concerns about overwriting anything else.  That is, unless I
knowingly try to overwrite an existing file, which I'm not.

However, thanks for mentioning the -r option.  I haven't noticed it
yet, but I'll try to get support in the IDE for it if the user wants
to overwrite files without getting errors.

--
Roger Taylor