[Coco] Using a pee sea as a "server" for internet access?

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue May 29 14:22:55 EDT 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007 12:07:51 -0600, Rod Barnhart <rod.barnhart at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/29/07, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:
>> But since UNIX was born into a world of text terminals and teletypes, a
>> UNIX-like operating system is probably your best bet here.  Fortunately,
>> there are a number of Live CD options available if you want to preserve
>> MS-Windows on your hard drive.
>
> I kinda doubt that Leon will have much luck getting the mwave stuff
> working under Linux, which means he's stuck with Windows. And I'm not
> sure that the terminal can be redirected out a serial port on Windows.
>
> on 5/29/07, Diego <diegoba at adinet.com.uy> wrote:
>> U can use the win3 shell (progman.exe) in widows 95/98.
>> In 95, run SYSEDIT and look for a file with "shell=explorer.exe".
>>
>> I'm saying this from memory, and some of the wording might be a bit
>> off...
>
> Good memory, Diego! He just needs to change that line to
> "shell=progman.exe" (as you indicated) and reboot. Used to change that
> all the time to fix Windows Explorer problems under Windows 95 and 98.

    I had to the do same thing on my Win98 Virtual PC install, when a
software install got confused and installed a wackload of Windows NT style
drivers into my Win98, frying Windows Explorer to the point of where I
couldn't boot. Had to reboot in command prompt mode, and do the above
change to run the task manager (TASKMAN.EXE, which I used instead of
PROGMAN.EXE).

--
L. Curtis Boyle