[Coco] Using a pee sea as a "server" for internet access?

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Tue May 29 18:35:52 EDT 2007

Rumor has it that Rod Barnhart may have mentioned these words:
>On 5/29/07, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:
>>But since UNIX was born into a world of text terminals and teletypes, a
>>UNIX-like operating system is probably your best bet here.  Fortunately,
>>there are a number of Live CD options available if you want to preserve
>>MS-Windows on your hard drive.
>
>I kinda doubt that Leon will have much luck getting the mwave stuff
>working under Linux, which means he's stuck with Windows.

Dunno, I found this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpmodem/

and this:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/acpmodem/

from a quickie Google search, and as it is an IBM chipset & they've pledged
a fair amount of support for Linux, there might be a pretty good chance he
could get it working under Linux...

>  And I'm not sure that the terminal can be redirected out a serial port
> on Windows.

I doubt that, not without other software, anyway.

Having never tried it, I really couldn't say...

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...