[Coco] Using a pee sea as a "server" for internet access?

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:07:51 EDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:
> But since UNIX was born into a world of text terminals and teletypes, a
> UNIX-like operating system is probably your best bet here.  Fortunately,
> there are a number of Live CD options available if you want to preserve
> MS-Windows on your hard drive.

I kinda doubt that Leon will have much luck getting the mwave stuff
working under Linux, which means he's stuck with Windows. And I'm not
sure that the terminal can be redirected out a serial port on Windows.

on 5/29/07, Diego <diegoba at adinet.com.uy> wrote:
> U can use the win3 shell (progman.exe) in widows 95/98.
> In 95, run SYSEDIT and look for a file with "shell=explorer.exe".
>
> I'm saying this from memory, and some of the wording might be a bit off...

Good memory, Diego! He just needs to change that line to
"shell=progman.exe" (as you indicated) and reboot. Used to change that
all the time to fix Windows Explorer problems under Windows 95 and 98.

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)