[Coco] Grr!!! Bad MPI! No biscuit!

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue May 8 18:07:26 EDT 2007

On 8 May 2007 at 16:03, Mark Marlette wrote:

> james,
>
> We never can agree, but are basically saying the same thing..
>
> I said the CoCo was not designed for F parts. No need for F parts in
> the CoCo. Doesn't mean that a faster part won't work. They do cause
> power line issues. Which I'm not even going to get in to.

****************
I can agree the Coco was not designed with FTTL parts. I can't agree that the
current design was such to exclude FTTL parts. I can agree that running FTTL
parts at 2 MHz is like running a Porsche 926 at 30MPH when it is designed to go
200 MPH. Still it does waht it was designed to do,just not as fast.

I think you are hang up on why use fster parts when the slower parts are
adequate. True you are correct. Still the faster parts do work.

> I live in the CoCo hardware, period. Have for over 20yrs. There is
> very little that you can lecture me on that I haven't already lived
> and done inside the CoCo.

************

I am not trying to lecture you on the Coco design. I am well familiar with its
workings.

> You ought to see what is 'around the corner' at Cloud-9..........
>
> What have you done with your CoCo today? I ask this of myself almost
> everyday.

I am not that fanatic or devoted to a computer. To me this is still a hobby and not
a way of life. I piddle around and maybe come up with a few things but I don't
care to make it more than a hobby. At least for now

james