[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Manney mannslists at invigorated.org
Sun May 6 06:24:47 EDT 2007

Dan Olson wrote:
> I'm still fighting figuring out how to enable telnet and ftp
> in Debian, this stuff used to be pretty simple (not to mentioned enabled
> by default) in the past.

I'll ask the obvious. Did you install proftpd? I have mine as a
standalone, and have been using proftpd since I switched from RedHat ->
Mandrake -> Debian. So around 1998 - 1999?

I've never had to telnet in to any of my machines, so I'm going to play
to see if I can get it to work...

Okay, there are packages called telnetd and telnetd-ssl. I installed
telnetd and it worked without any configuration.

HTH.
-M.