[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed May 2 14:35:15 EDT 2007

At 01:07 PM 5/2/2007, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>You need to remember that the kernel is called "Linux". Everything
>else that is included with it make the distro. :)
>
>So, technically every distribution that uses the Linux kernel can
>use the name in some form or fashion in it's (the distro's) name.
>
>Of course, everyone can correct me if I'm wrong. :)

The only slight argument with this is that the kernel itself is not
the operating system, therefore it's a bit useless by itself.

If the system works and does what everybody else with Linux can do, I
guess I don't mind what distro I end up with unless I think the GUI
is terrible or something.   Anyway, since I grew up messing around in
OS-9 L1 and L2, I fit right in at a Linux console prompt.

--
Roger Taylor