[Coco] This looks cool - Apparently RUNs FLEX but uses DECB format - http://www.users.cloud9.net/~stark/skdos09.htm

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Sun May 6 10:43:27 EDT 2007

http://www.users.cloud9.net/~stark/skdos09.htm

6809 Disk Operating Systems
6809 SK*DOS
SK*DOS is a single-user disk operating system for 6809 based computers
such as the Elektra, SWTP, Gimix, Hazelwood, and others, including many
of the 6809 single-board computers such as the PT-69 from Peripheral
Technology. It is a very much simplified version of our SK*DOS/68K, but
for users who do not need the full power of a 68K system.

SK*DOS was originally designed to run all the same programs which run
with Flex from Technical Systems Consultants. There is a wide variety
of software available, including Basic, editors, assemblers and
cross-assemblers, sort-merge, text processors and formatters, compilers
for Pascal, C, and Basic, modem programs, spell checkers, etc.

It is available in several variations (depending on your hardware), and
is also supported by other manufacturers.

Individual copies of SK*DOS cost $75; a Configuration Manual is
available for $25.

STAR-DOS
STAR-DOS is an earlier version of 6809 SK*DOS, designed to run on a
Color Computer I or II. It uses the same disk format as Radio Shack DOS
uses, but it is programmed and behaves like SK*DOS. In fact, on a 64K
system, STAR-DOS will run many Flex or SK*DOS programs without change,
which explains why other software vendors have licensed STAR-DOS to aid
in porting their own software to the CoCo.

STAR-DOS can run on any CoCo I or II system from 16K up, and costs
$34.95.

STAR-DOS PLUS+
STAR-DOS PLUS+ is a version of our 6809 SK*DOS, adapted by Data-Comp
Inc. of Hixson, Tennessee, for the Color Computer.

STAR-DOS PLUS+ runs Flex and SK*DOS/6809 programs, uses the same disk
format, supports single or double density, single or double sided
disks, etc. It adheres closely to the 6809 SK*DOS implementations on
larger 6809 systems.

STAR-DOS PLUS+ comes with the same detailed user's manual as our larger
systems, and costs just $34.95 (Sorry - STAR-DOS PLUS+ is not available
for the Color Computer III.)