[Coco] New CoCo3.com

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 29 21:23:39 EDT 2007

Roger Taylor wrote:
><snip  >
> Let me know if there are any serious issues since I'm trying to squeeze
> a lot into a certain amount of space, and depending on your browser
> window size you prefer, you might not be able to see it all.  1024x768
> is needed for my site and a million others, but I agree that a small
> font can cause more headaches than it's worth, so I'll work on improving
> on those things in the coming days.

One "serious" issue since the change to the new format, you have trashed
the ability of Mozilla 1.7.13 to "open in new tab" when viewing the main
forums menu.

Specifically, from the main forums menu I would, for example, right
click on say "OS-9 / NitrOS-9" and select "Open Link in New Tab". With
the old Coco3.com, I would get a new Tab with all the OS-9 messages. Now
I get a duplicate of the main forum screen.

My guess is that the cause of the "problem" is the specific php
scripting used because if I do the same thing with any of the links
under Features, a correct new Tab is created. Here are two examples of
scripts that work and don't work with "new tabs".

This works with "new tab".
http://www.coco3.com/html/modules.php?name=Encyclopedia

This does not work with "new tab" but works with a left click for new
window content.
http://www.coco3.com/forums/index.php?s=cd983b1beab5485cce64a47ff94e679c&showforum=8