[Coco] Very OT - Dialects: WAS Re: Mary, what's a Hoosier? :)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 11 23:49:33 EDT 2007

George's Coco Address wrote:

> "I like this more THEN that" vs, "I like this more THAN that"

I've always wondered whether or not this case was simply a typo or plain
bad grammar - I have seen it on several occasions myself and suspected
the former...

What annoys _me_ by *FAR* the most is "there/their" vs "they're"...
though it's amusing to see someone in a flame war attempt to claim
intellectual superiority in a scathing one-liner - basic grammatical
error included!

Regards,
Mark