[Coco] Very OT - Dialects: WAS Re: Mary, what's a Hoosier? :)

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sun Mar 11 23:38:25 EDT 2007

 I think the worst thing happening to our language is the internet.

 ALOT is not a word. My last employer said his spell checker was wrong when
it pops up that one. He cancels it, knowing the spell checker is wrong.

THEN and THAN are entirely different words with entirely different meanings.
A spell checker won't catch that one.

 MUTE and MOOT are two different words. That same boss said it depends on
what part of the country you are from!

"I like this more THEN that" vs, "I like this more THAN that"

I could go on and on, but my Coco awaits me to do some work for my website.