[Coco] Warren Hrach & Oceanside BBS

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Sat Jun 16 12:57:56 EDT 2007

The other day, I was looking for various OS-9/CoCo related stuff on
the internet and I thought I'd look up Warren Hrach since I hadn't
talked to him in a very long time. For those who don't know, warren
used to run the Oceanside BBS (also a Fido node) in Oceanside Ca.
Warren was very active in the RIBBS/FIDO community and even
distributed RIBBS for OS-9 and OSK (yes there was a version for
OSK!). During the MM/1 days he also sold MM/1 systems on the west
coast (I bought a system from him) and found him always helpful and
friendly.  Sadly, I found that warren had passed away in 2005.

WARREN CLARENCE HRACH
May 22, 1923-March 13, 2005

Warren Clarence Hrach, 81, of San Diego died March 13. He was born in
Cleveland and was a systems engineer for H.K. Ferguson. He served in
the Army Air Forces during World War II.

Survivors include his daughters, Virginia Murphy and Mary Murphy of
San Diego and Patricia Davis of San Clemente; sons, Gregory Hrach of
San Diego and James Hrach of Columbus, Ohio; and eight grandchildren.