[Coco] OT: Linux and such... (here's a cure)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Jul 25 12:48:24 EDT 2007

At 10:33 AM 7/25/2007, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>I know that Boisy unsub'd from the list due to all of the OTs and
>other non relevant posting. I am just about ready to do the same.
>
>As your explaination is grand for the big picture getting Linux
>running or certain apps running is not the CoCo place. Granted there
>are experts here but I vote, keep it off till it applies to the
>CoCo(details). Go to the proper list and gain the proper information
>needed. I haven't seen(not looking real hard) on one issue on the CoCo
>side. The DEL key gets used the most on this list.
>
>Maybe CoCo3.com is the best place for this non coco forums. ???
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark

Well, the thing about sticking to the topic on the list is that there
really isn't one, so a few hundred people get to voice their opinion
about what should be talked about  one day when there isn't enough of
what they want to read.  This is typical of every mailing list, I'm sure.

But since we've evolved into so many CoCo projects that span across
so many different platforms, we can't just have one place to
communicate.  That's where forums and chats come in to help.  But
some don't like forums or the trouble of visiting a web site to look
for new messages.  Some absolutely love it, as I do.  So, I think we
need a multi-platform CoCo mailing list aimed at developers and
techies that have their cup of coffee on the desk and their sleeves
rolled up, ready to talk CoCo-related stuff or OS-specific stuff that
is helpful to the CoCo authors.

The fact that we can have several or more mailing lists and an e-mail
filter to put them in separate folders, helps the off-topic situation
and let's us stay where we are, right here, but have the feeling that
it's one list since we all know each other already!  That's why I
thought of a channel :)

So, here's a place for the off-topic stuff, and I'll be the first to join:

Roger Taylor