[Coco] KNOCK IT OFF!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jul 14 23:56:25 EDT 2007

On Saturday 14 July 2007, Bob Devries wrote:
>Hear, hear.
>I'm with Jim on this. I too, am tired of this BS.
>
>I vote for banning Hex Star off this list.

I'll second that.  He has become the single most devisive(sp?) presence here
in a very short time.  This has always been a family oriented group but
recently its become a cesspool of invective, not from him, but certainly
created as a reaction to him.  He talks about maturity.  Ha!  I, like most on
this list, have quite a few great-grandchildren a decade older than this
person has been acting.

He makes the offer to remove stuff, which is fine, but how do we know whats
there when its hidden behind a proprietary filesystem we can't freely browse,
and refuses to set up something that we can browse even when his MacOS has
the tools already installed to do so?  It is at the end of the day, a BSD
variant with a pretty face, so I know the tools are there and free.  This
group, as a whole, has the resources to prevent his so-called & mythical
single point of failure.  So that argument holds water about like a colander.

Yes, we welcome new users all the time, and are glad to have them, but not
when this persons reputation as a bull in a china shop has preceded him on at
least one other mailing list I'm on.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene