[Coco] KNOCK IT OFF!

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 00:08:25 EDT 2007

I have not refused to install an alternate connection method for my server.
In fact I am working on setting up FTP right now. In addition there will
also be a web interface so that people will be able to soon use KDX, FTP and
http to browse my server and download from it. Please be patient, I am
actively working on this.

I am very sad by the people who decide to pick on me and realize that this
truly impacts this list in a negative way. I really wish those people would
at least pick on me offlist so that it does not affect the list. It does not
seem fair to me to ban me for something that is out of my control and I ask
that I not be punished for what others are posting to the list. What people
are reacting to about me....

1) The Ira archive deal, yes it was and still is controversial but can't we
all just move on?

2) Me being eager to host things like the Rainbow archive which unbeknowinst
to me have a single owner who does not wish for the content to be hosted, I
was notified of such and will not be hosting the contents but rather storing
it privately for preservation.

3) I'm not really known to the community and people are unsure of why I am
doing this, my eagerness seems to make some uneasy. Please rest assured that
I am simply a kind person who is very interested in the vintage computing
hobby, I want this community as a whole to stay around for many years to
come and thus thought of my file mirroring as a good way to make this
happen, that is the gist of why I am doing this. You can read the full
mission statement either via the welcome message after logging into my
server or on my server's website at http://vintage.tsfsc.com.

Please do not ban me, I am harmless and am only trying to give back to the
community. I have heard loud and clear that many people dislike the idea of
using KDX to connect to my server and thus I am actively working to setup a
ftp and http solution.

I have heard a couple times that people here are just as able as me to do
what I'm doing and that's great, let's see it in action then as there can
never be too many active mirrors for these great files! :D