[Coco] NitrOS-9 Web Site

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Jan 30 14:59:38 EST 2007

I really appreciate all of the offers and suggestions.  It does show
that there are still people out there who want to foster these projects.

Someone has to take the lead on this, and since I'm the project
"manager" (for lack of a better word), it falls on me to decide where
to go from here.

The prime motivating factor for moving to SourceForge is convenience,
not just for me, but for everyone.  No one, including me, needs to
babysit mail servers, CVS servers and the like.  It's all up there,
working and ready for use.  The repository is on a known, well
located set of servers that won't be going away next week or next
year.  SF has a proven record of hosting projects for a long time.

There are other places that the project could be hosted, but I know
SF, I feel comfortable with SF, and I have hosted projects from SF.
It's going to take a minimal amount of my time to get the project up
and going on SF, and the management of the project will be less
burdensome for me there.

As soon as Alan gets me the CVS repositories for NitrOS-9 and
ToolShed, they will be going up on SourceForge.  For those who truly
need developer accounts (and there aren't many), then there will be
some registration and key generation required.  For those who want to
get the source, play with it and make minor changes, then SF has an
easy way to get the source via CVS that doesn't require developer
access.  The only thing is that commits won't work for you.

In addition, there are FAQs and documentation on SF that people can
read to get their development environment going.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
337.781.3570 mobile
email: boisy at boisypitre.com
Website: www.boisypitre.com

"If there is truth to the proposition that knowing the past helps us
to understand the present, I believe there is at least as much truth
to the proposition that what we know of the present is crucial to our
understanding of the past.  What we have not ourselves experienced or
observed we can at most only partially and imperfectly comprehend;
and I suspect that there is much in history that is so remote from
our own experiences or observations as to be largely beyond our
understanding." - Kenneth M. Stamp