[Coco] My introduction - a newbie

James McKay jmckay at jmk1.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 12:27:43 EST 2007

"Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado"
<marcus.chiado at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:45BE4E88.7080705 at gmail.com...

> The voltage for Brazil is 110V and 220V (according to state), and the
> output is Pal-M, which is a variation of the american NTSC. We have the
> same problem down here in Brazil with european Commodores, Amstrads and
> ZX-Spectrums. Fortunately there's this television set made by Philips
> that works with Pal-B and Pal-G as well, so I can easily use my
> Commodore 128D (made in German) with it.

New televisions here can handle NTSC-M in colour but, unfortunately, PAL-M
is just a bit too exotic for them.

> Well, I guess the shipping amount to UK via air mail is somewhat
> expensive. I just did a simulation here: a package that weighs 1
> kilogram costs 13 pounds via air mail to Great Britain by "economy"
> grade.  If you want the same package faster, it will cost you 25 pounds.
>
> What do you think?

I could go for it, but price would be an issue with my current situation...
:(

It would have to be a 220/240V CP-400 II (or maybe an original CP 400) 64K
that worked and all the keys worked - I couldn't ask for one in mint
condition!

bye,
James McKay.